Saturday, March 21, 2009

5,500 Miles in 2 1/2 Weeks--But Home at Last

Well, I pulled into my driveway at home Friday night with my whole family waiting to cheer my arrival.

All in all, it was a good trip, but long, tiring, and boring at times. I met a lot of good people from different parts of the country. Each area was a little different. Basically everyone I met were good hometown folk.

The homeless (street) people seem to be attracted to me. It was like I was their Vietnam Vet buddy from long ago. They all came up and talked to me. I think it was the motorcycle that attracted them.




But in the end, it was good to be in the arms of family. It felt so good to be home. I love my family very much. I guess, in a way, this trip helped me to realize that even more.

I don't have plans for anymore cross-country trips...at least, not this year.

No comments: